Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Audew 2 Pin Flasher Relay Wiring Diagram

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Trying to figure out how to wire front led turn signals. Spliced into the turn signal harness and the turn signal lights up but won't blink.
I've read where I need some flasher relay and/or maybe a resistor. I do have the resistors already, but no idea if I do, in fact...need them....and/or where to wire them. As to the flasher relays....do I need one for each turn signal? Any/all help appreciated.

BTW: My rear LED turn signals are LED strips...and light up sequentially. They work properly. Have no idea how how they are wired and/or what they are wired to, they have 4 wires going to each strip. (Black, Black w/white tracer, white, gray wire).

Joined

·

226 Posts

Need the flasher relay for each side, wired in line
That's how I did mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Joined

·

226 Posts

Sorry, led you astray.

This is what I used. Wire them inline and it provides resistance for the flasher to work

search on Amazon.

uxcell 2Pcs 50W 6RJ LED Headlight Canbus Decoder No Error Free Load Resistor for Car

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have these. (Sorry it won't post as a link)

4Pcs Aaron 50W 6ohm Load Resistors - Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink Error Code (Resistors get very hot during working)
Will these work?

DGJ

Joined

·

75 Posts

The bike already has OEM LED turn signals, so you shouldn't need anything if you're replacing the OEM with another 4 LEDs.

I just installed watsens in the front and Rizoma in the rear, no relay and no resistors. everything operates normally. I did the Watsens first and they worked perfectly with the OEM rear.

what signals are you installing?

at least that's my experience with the 2014 model.

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Update:

Wired in a resistor and the turn signal started blinking. Problem now is that the left turn signal is NOT blinking..it lights up when I select the left turn signal....but doesn't blink.

Any idea what would cause ONE turn signal to not work?

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yet another update:

Don't know what I did... but both blinkers are working properly now. The only question I have now....is the load resistor wiring. I wired it inline to the positive wire. The instructions show that I should have wired one wire to the positive turn signal wire and the other to the negative turn signal wire.
The resistor only has red wires on it....seems odd if one of them is supposed to go to a negative wire.

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Update. #3:

Took bike for a ride....BOTH front signals are NOT blinking now(they light up solid)...and seem not as bright as they should be.

Don't know how it could be working one minute...then stop the next

DGJ

Joined

·

75 Posts

Has to be a poor connection.

But look. OEM blinkers are LED. Get some LED rizoma blinkers and you can plug them in without having to put any relays or resistors. That's what I did and it works perfectly. As I stated earlier be aware that the wiring colors are misleading. On the tail, Brown is ground, white is the lead for the plate light, black is the lead for the right blinker and purple is the lead for the left blinker. That's at the tail like assembly plug. If you look at the female plug on the harness side I believe the white connects to a yellow but I'd recommend splicing in after the plug. In the front there are only two wires so it's 50/50.

Even the rizoma guide says to use the resistors with the rc8 but then says don't use resistors with bikes that have OEM LEDs. The rc8 manual states the blinkers are LED so I tried it without them and it works fine. That's all I can tell you. Good luck!

Joined

·

111 Posts

Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Success! I wired the resistor correctly(bridging pos and neg wires)...and blinkers are now working properly.

Joined

·

226 Posts

Source: https://www.ktmforums.com/threads/wiring-led-turn-signals.125904/

Posted by: melindafoopposeaep.blogspot.com

Posting Komentar untuk "Audew 2 Pin Flasher Relay Wiring Diagram"